Peace scripture for today








"Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope." — James E. Faust

Psalms 34: 14" ...and do good; seek peace, and pursue it"

Isaih 43: 1, 2, 5 "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rives, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned: neither shall the flames kindle upon thee. ..Fear not: for I am with thee"







Peace is not passive. It is an active journey.



And another:

But behold, because of the exceedingly great length of the war….many had become hardened, because of the exceedingly great length of the war; and many were softened because of their afflictions, insomuch that they did humble themselves before God, even in the depth of humility. (Alma 62:41)



At first glance, this scripture may not feel like it is about peace, but, as I read it, I can understand in a new way, that peace is a choice. Where some are hardened, others are humbled. Which will I be?













Sunday, November 28, 2010

Parenting

Kailey time
Seth time
Jordan time


Today we made teacher gifts for their teachers.  Jordan has seen the bag of supplies for the past few days and just could no longer contain herself...she NEEDED to start the project today.  We got most of it done tonight and just have to let it dry.  All three children are pleased with how the gifts turned out.

Kailey and I went to the store last night and picked up her new glasses.  Her very first pair of glasses.  She is amazed at how much better she can see.  She didn't know her sight was as bad as it was until she found that she could see things so much more clearly now.  She looks really cute in her glasses.

Seth and I moved the furniture in his room today.  He is really happy with how the room looks now and rearranged all of his many trinkets in his room to match the new look:)

Tonight I lay down with Jordan for a bit.  Each of the children would prefer if I would lay down with each of them and lie in bed and whisper each night.  I don't always have the ability to do that at the end of the day, but I want to be the mother than can.  I need to figure out how to commit myself to do that at least once a week with each child.  There may be a time when they don't love that time with me, so, I need to notice the opportunity and see it as an opportunity.  Jordan and I talked for a few minutes and that was really all it took.  If I spent 15 minutes a night, 5 minutes with each child, they would really benefit.  I will try that tomorrow night and see how it goes.

I took Kailey to a used book store today and gave her a budget of $10.  She was thrilled.  Letting Kailey shop for and buy the book of her choice is the nicest thing a person can do for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment