Peace scripture for today








"Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope." — James E. Faust

Psalms 34: 14" ...and do good; seek peace, and pursue it"

Isaih 43: 1, 2, 5 "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rives, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned: neither shall the flames kindle upon thee. ..Fear not: for I am with thee"







Peace is not passive. It is an active journey.



And another:

But behold, because of the exceedingly great length of the war….many had become hardened, because of the exceedingly great length of the war; and many were softened because of their afflictions, insomuch that they did humble themselves before God, even in the depth of humility. (Alma 62:41)



At first glance, this scripture may not feel like it is about peace, but, as I read it, I can understand in a new way, that peace is a choice. Where some are hardened, others are humbled. Which will I be?













Tuesday, September 6, 2011

When good things happen...

I have tried not to complain much during this deployment...but, let's face it, I have complained:)  Now, when something great happens, I need to make sure I highlight that as well.  I found a foundation last week that gives grants to families of deployed soldiers for extra-curricular activites like sports and music ("Our Military Kids").   I sent in an application for Kailey and Seth's piano lessons and got a FIVE HUNDRED $$ grant for EACH of them!! What a great foundation and a fantastic and thoughtful service they render.  In the letter, they acknowledged the service the children render by having a parent deployed and they acknowledge how difficult it is for the children to have a parent absent from their lives.  It is so important to notice how hard it is for each of them and I am grateful that "Our Military Kids" is set up to highlight the sacrifice the children make during a deployment.   

I opened up the letter and packet and cried.  Sometimes tears are happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment