Peace scripture for today








"Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That is part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope." — James E. Faust

Psalms 34: 14" ...and do good; seek peace, and pursue it"

Isaih 43: 1, 2, 5 "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rives, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned: neither shall the flames kindle upon thee. ..Fear not: for I am with thee"







Peace is not passive. It is an active journey.



And another:

But behold, because of the exceedingly great length of the war….many had become hardened, because of the exceedingly great length of the war; and many were softened because of their afflictions, insomuch that they did humble themselves before God, even in the depth of humility. (Alma 62:41)



At first glance, this scripture may not feel like it is about peace, but, as I read it, I can understand in a new way, that peace is a choice. Where some are hardened, others are humbled. Which will I be?













Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fear Not

Fear and Peace are not friends. 
My dear Lisa sent me this scripture today:
Isaih 43: 1, 2, 5 "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. 
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rives, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned: neither shall the flames kindle upon thee. ..Fear not: for I am with thee"
God reminds u s that there are no barriers to His power in our lives.  We are commanded and reminded not to fear.  We are His and He is taking care of us.  We don't always notice and we aren't always sure and strong but we are always protected.  This protection should provide peace.  
I feel like I am forever in the stairwell, just climbing.  I can sit on the stair where I am or I can keep climbing.  I know that I need to keep going and I need not fear, and yet, sometimes, I am simply tired.  Today, I am just sitting on the stair.  I am trying to make progress, trying to take care of the things that need to be addressed with finances, bills, tasks, my to-do-list.  I keep working, and it feels a lot like dancing on the same step that I have been on for days.  I have no idea where this particular staircase that I am on leads, I can scarecly remember where it started.  I think that I have more skills, I have advanced, I am making progress overall, but, one step after another, I keep trying to move forward.  When I look down, I can see that I have climbed up, but, from where I am standing on this staircase, I can't see how many more flights.  
So, although my view is not clear and I am trudging lately, I take another step, because I can, and, in the end, I know that I am being led up the right staircase.  This journey is difficult, but I am not alone.  I have angels, mortal and unseen, that are helping me and I do feel peace that i am in the right place going the right direction.   

No comments:

Post a Comment